Welcome to the Bradford County Education Foundation
The mission of the Bradford County Education Foundation is Improving the Quality of Education in Bradford County Public Schools.
The Bradford County Education Foundation was established in February 1990 by a group of concerned volunteers who saw the need for public assistance in our public schools. Today, the BCEF is still made up of a group of volunteers who continue to support activities and projects at Bradford Schools.
Here are just a few of the projects that we support:
The BCEF is member of the Consortium of Florida Education Foundation. Through this organization and with the provision of State funding, we receive a matching grant each year. The BCEF match the funds available, which is over $14,000 each year for various programs in Bradford Schools. One consistent project that is funded has been giving $6 certificates to EVERY Bradford elementary school child to purchase a book at their scholastic fairs each year. Other projects from this matching grant funding, vary according to the need suggested by school personnel each year.
Other projects/fundraisers of the BCEF include:
- Host a Silent and Live Auction each year in conjunction with the North Florida Chamber of Commerce Annual Banquet. - Largest fundraiser
- Provide a "Welcome Back" event for all of the Bradford staff during pre-planning
- Host a dinner and provide all awards and gifts for the Teacher of the Year/School Related Employee of the Year
- Provide an endowed scholarship to a BHS graduate to Santa Fe College for a student interested in becoming an educator
- Host several fundraisers each year; Boots and Bangles and Fall in Love dinners with entertainment, and the Annual Poinsettia sale.
- Host the Leave a Legacy event, that honors outstanding teachers, principals, and other staff members annually.
- Sponsor the school Spelling Bees at all of the elementary schools and BMS. Host the District Spelling Bee and provide a gift bag, small trophies and t-shirts for all contestants. Trophies for the champion and runner up, and gift bags for the teacher sponsors. Plus provide the fees and transportation cost to the family and champion for the State competition in Jacksonville.
- Provide a "Need It, Get It" grant for individual teachers who have approved projects and funding is available.
- Participate in the Concert on the Green and help sponsor the event
- Supported our BHS and BMS band with a major contribution in 2019.
- Provide support to teams that are advancing to District competitions and above
- Write, apply and do the final reports for other grants available such as Clay Electric and AT&T for school projects
- Attend webinars to learn about projects, funding and other ways BCEF can assist Bradford Public Schools
- Received a $200 donation from the First Book Marketplace via Pizza Hut to provide 50 books for the HIPPY program
- Awarded $500 scholarships to 4 BHS Seniors in June 2020 with a donation received from a local business to BCEF
- Have established the BCEF with an Outstanding rating with the Foundations for Excellence; Quality Standards for Local Education Foundation. The only volunteer Education Foundation in the state to participate and accomplish this rating